Friday, August 19, 2011

In-Class online lesson #12 - Logic and Decision-Making

Step 2
A common theme among the scrolls inside each of the caskets is opinions of Portia. Firstly, the prince of Morrocco chose the Golden casket scroll because he thought highly of himself and wanted Portia only because of her looks, wealth and her reputation. He thought of her as an object. Next, the Prince of Aragon picked the silver casket. This shows that he does not entire treat her as an object but still doesn't really loves her. Finally, Bassanio, while picking the lead one, reflected his personality as well as being a risk-taker, someone who is not easily fooled by appearences, intellectual, and those who give more than they get. Thus, it can been seen that which suitor picked which casket actually reflected their personalities, be it positive or negative.

Step 3
This occurred during my P6 days when I almost failed my Prelims
"Bing Wen" my form teacher called. My form teacher was handing out Report Books with our Prelim results in it. I hesitantly took my book and went back to my sit. I slowly opened up the report book and inside were the numbers 238. It was the worst result I had ever get and I would never be able to get into my dream school at this rate.

When I got back home, my parents were both disappointed after looking at the results. They seemed as if they had given up all hope on me. What are the chances of entering Hwa Chong with this lousy score. Furthermore, there isn't anymore time left for revision. Only 3 months max to D-Day and I was still weak in my basics. Seeing the dejected and disappointed looks on my parents faces, I made a decision based on logic. I will spend the whole 3 months solely on revision. During the next 3 months, I spent every single day going to school, studying and sleeping. Seeing my determination, my parents decided to help me out too. It was really the worse time of my life, Studying 10 hours a day for such a long period of time and stopping my habit of playing computer games everyday. \

Soon, it was already PSLE . I revised every single thing I needed to know from P1 to P6 and memorized every single important point. Because of this decision, I got a 260 score for PSLE and got into my dream school. It is decision I would never regret.

No comments:

Post a Comment